Another great article from the most helpful Web Design & Digital Marketing Agency in Hertfordshire.
So the time has arrived for you to consider expanding your advertising onto a social media platform, and you have decided on Facebook…a good choice, it’s a powerful marketing tool! However, it all seems a bit daunting, and you are a little confused exactly how to go about it. Let us help you by taking you through the steps necessary in order for you to set up a stellar Facebook business page.
Before we start let me first quickly tell you that you have two options when creating a business account. You either create a ‘business only’ page, or you create a ‘personal profile’ page first and add your ‘business page’ off of your ‘personal profile’ page. You should note that with the latter option from your viewer’s perspective the ‘personal profile’ and the ‘business page’ do not show as being linked, they are completely separate pages. There are, however, distinct limitations to creating a ‘business only’ page and these disadvantages are:
- There is no Search Bar facility.
- There is no way to ‘like’, or ‘connect’ with other pages.
- You do not have a Home Feed, because you cannot ‘like’ or ‘connect’ with other Facebook users.
- If you already have a totally separate personal Facebook account, you will need a separate mobile phone number from the one you have used on your personal account in order to verify the ‘business only’ page. You cannot use the same mobile phone number for both accounts.
- There is no ability to use the ‘Invite Friends’ option on the Admin Panel.
As the whole point of having a social media channel is to share information about your business, and engage with your readers, it really doesn’t make any great sense in having a ‘business only’ page. After all, it’s called ‘social media’ for a reason, you are supposed to be ‘social’ and ‘engaging’!
If you are reading this article and realise you have inadvertently set up a ‘business only’ page, don’t worry, you can rectify the situation by adding a personal profile as an Admin. You will then have all the functionality of a regular Facebook business page.
Our recommendation is to create your business page from your personal profile page. In this way you have all the functionality available to you in order to engage with your audience, and to use the power of the platform to its maximum potential in order to promote your business effectively. For the purposes of the rest of this guide, we are assuming you are creating your business account off of your personal profile page.
So here are the important points you will need to follow in order to create your stellar Facebook business page:
- Include a good profile Avatar. This can be your logo, a picture of one of your products, or a personal photograph. It should be sized for 180 pixels x 180 pixels. If you do not have a logo and would like us to design you one please contact us on 01438 906200.
- Add a high quality Cover photo, which should be sized 851 pixels x 315 pixels. If you do not have a suitable Cover photo and would like us to design you a bespoke customised one please contact us on 01438 906200.
- Enter your business name, this can be up to a maximum of 70 characters.
- Choose the best ‘category’ and ‘sub category’ for your business classification.
- Write a short description about your business, include your website link in this section.
- Write a long description about your business.
- Add your business address
- Add your business contact email address
- Claim your unique vanity URL (your Facebook address). You can only do this once so be sure you choose the name wisely!
- Add your website URL. If you do not currently have a website, we would be happy to discuss your requirements and create you a stunning online presence for your business.
- Enter any special Awards your business has achieved.
- Add some fun apps in your Customer Tabs section such as Pinterest.
- Ensure your business page is visible to everyone by setting it to ‘Public’.
- Switch on the ‘message’ button.
- Turn on the ‘Comment Replies’ option.
- Feature other pages.
- Feature Admins (if applicable).
- Add at least 10 optimised posts before publishing your page. Ensure ALL your posts include relevant #hashtags to maximise your business pages organic reach. Posts should also images, short descriptions, be asking a question, or contact a ‘call-to-action’ in order to boost engagement.
Thank you for reading our article, and we hope you find it helpful when setting up your business page. We wish you good luck with your social media marketing in the future. You can read more about Facebook marketing in our article ‘How to make your Business Rock on Facebook’.
If you would like us to assist you with creating any of your social media channels for your business please contact us on 01438 906200, we would love to help you.
Good luck with your marketing from Advenzia, the most helpful Web Design & Digital Marketing Agency in Hertfordshire.