Another great article from the most helpful Web Design & Digital Marketing Agency in Hertfordshire.
Online video continues to rise year on year, and is now considered the future of content marketing. According to Cisco, by 2017 video will account for 69% of all consumer internet traffic. With anticipated statistics such as these businesses really cannot afford not to include video in their marketing strategy, if you do it will undoubtedly be at a cost! So along with projections such as this, we have drawn up our top 10 reasons why you should be doing some Video Marketing.
- Video differentiates you from your competitors You have probably built up a lot of skills already selling your products and/or services ‘face to face’ with your prospects, and video allows you to visually transmit these skills easily to potential new prospects via your website, YouTube, and your social media channels.
- Video educates, inspires, and entertains A short, well produced informative video can help you with selling your products and/or services. It is a powerful medium for visually showing what a product looks like, and demonstrating how it works. If you are selling a service you can display a video to your audience promoting the service, which is far more powerful than the written word with a few pictures. Video is an excellent storytelling tool, which will keep your audience’s attention and has a greater chance of being remembered is done well.
- Video enables people to identify better with you and your business Video helps built trust, and a ‘feel good’ factor. If a prospect can hear about you and your business via a well-produced video, and also hear some video testimonials from your happy customers, they are more likely to want to buy from you. You should also include a video of you delivering your ‘Elevator Pitch’ on your website. Any prospects who then watch the Elevator Pitch video could potentially already be fairly well convinced about buying from you, before they even have a meeting with you! If you have not created an Elevator Pitch you can read more on how to do this in our article ‘How to perfect your knock out Elevator Pitch’.
- Video is great for search engine optimisation (SEO) Adding lots of quality well-produced video to YouTube, which is actually owned by Googleand is also the second largest search engine platform, will aid you over time achieving the likelihood of reaching page 1 on the Google Search Engine. Video you can see, therefore, plays an important part in your SEO strategy, and should not be underestimated.
- Video will aid you achieving better response rates and conversions Having lots of video will increase the response rate, and ultimately conversions to your website. If you have your products and/or services showcased on video, it can be creating sales for you whilst you ‘sleep’.
- Video is easily and frequently shared Video is now featuring in a massive way across all the social medial channels. It is, therefore, really important to start making some videos for your business, and promote them across all your social media platforms. Your followers may then also assist your online visibility by sharing your videos to their followers. It is also a great way to promote your business on your social media advertisements, in particular you should try this on some targeted user Facebook Ads, and you won’t be disappointed!
- Video is cost effective and once done lasts forever Once you have got a well-produced video done and mounted it stays online constantly working for you in the background, and will last forever, it will not be deleted unless you choose to do so. Therefore, whilst it may appear a large initial outlay, over time it is actually an extremely cost effective method of marketing your products and/or services.
- Video works on mobile phones The percentage of people using mobile phones to access the internet and watch video is rapidly increasing year on year, and now stands at more than 50% (source: YouTube). Accordingly, with mobile video you have the potential to reach an even larger active audience, who are then only one click away from your website, and a potential sale!
- Appeal to all types of buyers There are three different personality types, who each respond differently to the type of sales message you give them. These are auditory, visual and kinaesthetic. This means that if you do not appeal in a visual way a large proportion of your prospective buyers are less likely to be interested in your products and/or services. By having video it means that you can appeal better to visual personality types which will give you a competitive edge over your competitors who may only be marketing with written material.
- Video is already being used by your competitors Video is now so popular and powerful that you cannot really afford to overlook it, because it is highly likely that your competitors are already using it!
Thank you for reading our article and we hope you found it useful. If you would like us to produce some video for your business, please contact us on 01438 906200 we would love to help you.
Good luck with your Video Marketing from Advenzia, the most helpful Web Design & Digital Marketing Agency in Hertfordshire.